Your privacy is important to us and maintaining your trust is a priority for our company. We have set out this policy to tell you how we manage any personal data we collect from you, that you provide to us or that we receive through any third parties. It is important that you read it carefully to understand how we manage and process your personal data as well as the decisions you can make regarding how your information is collected and used when viewing our websites. This policy does not cover the practices of companies or entities that we do not own or control, such as couriers or delivery services, or the actions of people that the company does not employ. If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. General Information
- We are ADI Motoring Ltd (Trading as "RSA School of Motoring") and we operate www.rsaschoolofmotoring.ie various related sub-domains (“Websites”). The company registered number is 547846 and it is registered in Ireland at Digital Office Centre, Balheary Road, Swords, Co. Dublin, K67E5A0.
- Your privacy is important to us and maintaining your trust is a priority for our company. We comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 as well as the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011 (together “Data Protection and Privacy legislation”). Both our company and our operating partners are committed to safeguarding the security and privacy of the information we collect.
2. Important information about our privacy statement
- Our Privacy Statement sets out the basis, on which any personal data you provide to us, or we collect from you through our website(s), our Applications and Services, or our operating partners will be processed by us.
3. Personal information and data we collect about you
When you use our websites we gather personal information about you to enable you to make the most of our services and deliver to deliver the best user experience we can to you. Here are personal information types that we collect:
- We collect and store the information which you provide to us via forms on the websites (including our shopping cart) - such as your name, email address, address, phone number and in some cases credit card and financial information - or when communicating with us via some other medium.
- We also collect and store certain information automatically when you visit the websites. This can include electronic information such as your internet protocol (IP) address, information on your device such as the internet browser type and version, your operating system and platform, your login details, a system generated reference number to identify your data submissions., information about your activity on the websites with timestamps, including the page visits, search histories and, if relevant, the services you purchased in addition to information about submitting jobs and related activity on our sites.
- We will collect and process payment / financial information from customers when they purchase goods from us which may include your bank account or credit card information. This information may be stored by third party payment processors. The third party payment processors will provide us with some payment information about you, your payment card type, including a unique token and the expiry date and last four digits of the payment card. This information will enable you to make additional purchases through the Website using the card details which you have previously provided.
- We may receive personal information about you from other websites we operate from time to time.
- We receive usage statistics on emails that we send to you, such as open rates, in order to tailor our communications to you and to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our Users. Should you no longer want emails from us please adjust your contact preferences here.
- Your personal information may also be made available to us from third parties if you use any websites or social media platforms operated by third parties (for example, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn) and, if such functionality is available, you have chosen to link your profile on the site with your profile on those other websites or social media platforms.
- Certain third parties that we work with (e.g. business partners, sub-contractors, analytics providers, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, search information providers) may also provide us with information about you.
A cookie is a small file that, when agreed by a user, is stored on the hard drive of a computer or device by websites that a user visits. It comprises of a range of letters and numbers and it designed distinguish you from other users of a website and can help the website deliver a better user experience to all visitors.
The grid below provides specific information on the cookies that are used on the websites as follows:
Cookie Type || Cookie Purpose / Function
Necessary || These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around websites and use the websites’ features, such as accessing secure websites or secure areas of websites. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Functional || These cookies allow our Group’s websites to remember choices you make (such as your preferred language) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. Other examples include cookies that keep track of your progress when filling online application forms.
Performance || These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. Our Websites use first-party analytics cookies for this purpose.
Targeted / Advertising || Targeting cookies remember individual websites you have visited and help us to present relevant and targeted online advertising to you. Targeting cookies may be placed on your machine when you visit our Websites. When targeting cookies have been placed on your device, they can be recognised by subsequent websites you visit, and this allows those sites to present targeted Websites and third party advertising to you. While targeting cookies can track your visits around different websites and identify if you are a user of our Websites, the information collected is anonymous.
5. Usage of Your Personal Data
We will use the information you give us to:
a) carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the services, information, and/or products that you request from us;
b) facilitate quotations or communications for you from third parties where you have submitted your information for a the purposes of such contact which includes providing the third party with your name, phone number, address and/or email address along with other information submitted by you;
c) send you SMS alerts to your mobile phone number to notify you about the status of your lessons and to provide you with relevant service information;
d) send you email newsletters and provide you with information about us (including other products, services offered by us or selected third parties) where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
e) send you requests for testimonials and ratings of our service via third party ratings services such as trustpilot.ie among others where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
f) notify you about changes to our service;
g) help us communicate with you effectively should you contact us via the websites, including verification of any claims you may make;
h) ensure that website content is presented to you in the most effective manner for your device;
i) administer the websites and to enable us to conduct troubleshooting, testing, research, data analysis, and surveys;
j) enable us to maintain secure and safe websites;
k) enable us to create an online user account for you;
l) enable us to deliver suggestions and recommendations on the websites for other product or services that may be of interest to you;
m) enable us to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and take other actions as permitted by law.
6. How we manage and protect your personal data
- We make best efforts to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information that you submit on our websites. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Websites; any transmission is at your own risk.
- We will take appropriate measures to ensure confidentiality of all information, both electronic and in paper form required for the operation of our business. We will take appropriate steps to protect transmitted or stored against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, and unauthorised or unlawful storage, processing, access or disclosure.
- We will only use your personal data in our possession for its intended, specific and authorised purpose.
- Our employees are trained in applicable Privacy and Data Protection legislation and are obliged to act with due care and diligence when handling your personal data.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- When using a shared computer or device please be sure to sign off correctly to protect against unauthorized access to your account details.
- Your personal data will be retained and maintained in accordance with applicable Data Protection and Privacy laws and regulations. Upon request by you, we will amend the personal data we hold if factually incorrect or incomplete, and provide you with a copy of any personal data held by us.
- We must comply with a number of statutory and regulatory requirements in relation to the retention of data. Your personal data may be retained for a period of no less than six years following the closure of your account with us, or six years from the date of the last transaction, whichever is the later.
7. Disclosure and sharing of your personal data to third parties
- We may share your information within our company (which means our holding company and its subsidiaries as defined by company law) and its business units.
- If you have created an order on our websites we will provide your contact details to our appointed Third Party sub-contractors in order to deliver these services to you. These third parties may use your information to contact you and such third party activities are beyond our control.
- Where you post a review/rating/comment on the websites, your username will be publically accessible on our websites.
- We may transfer your personal data to contracted third parties, e.g. payment processors, IT services, analytics providers and other firms external to us for the purposes of providing our services to you. Contracted third parties are obliged to ensure that your personal data is securely managed at all times and will only use this data in line with our specific instructions.
- We and our contracted third parties may share your personal information with authorities both within Ireland and abroad to meet legal obligations.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- We may share your personal information with third parties where required to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements.
- We may share your personal information with third parties where required to protect the rights, safety or property of our users or others.
- We may share your personal information in the event that we buy or sell (either partially or in full) any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer or seller of such assets or business.
- We may share your personal information to any third party where you give is explicit permission to do so.
- Processing your information outside the EEA
Your information is stored on secure systems within our premises and with providers of secure information storage. We may transfer or allow the transfer of your information and your products and services with us to our service providers and other organisations outside the European Economic Area (EEA), but only if they agree to act solely on our instructions and protect your information to the same standard that applies in the EEA.
Some of our service providers, for example IT, credit reference agencies telecommunication, payment processors, custodians and providers of administration services and contractors are based outside of the EEA. Where we authorise the processing/ transfer of your personal information outside of the EEA, we require your personal information to be protected to at least the standards applicable in Ireland and to include the following data protection transfer mechanisms:
• Adherence to the EU/US Privacy Shield. You can find more information on the EU/US Privacy Shield at www.privacyshield.gov including a list of all organisations that have signed up to the EU/US Privacy Shield framework. Please contact us for further details on any transfers of personal information by us to entities in the US.
8. Your rights relating to your personal data
You have rights in relation to how we use your information. If you make your request electronically, we will, where possible, provide the relevant information electronically unless you ask us otherwise.
Unless it conflicts with another contractual or legal obligation You have a right to:
- Seek access to information which we hold about you;
- Ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date;
- Object to particular uses of your personal data where the legal basis for our use of your data is our legitimate business interests or the performance of a task in the public interest. However, doing so may have an impact on the services and products we can / are willing to provide.
- Object to use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you object to this use, we will stop using your data for direct marketing purposes.
- Have your data deleted or its use restricted – you have a right to this under certain circumstances. For example, where you withdraw consent you gave us previously and there is no other legal or contractual basis for us to retain it, or where you object to our use of your personal information for particular legitimate business interests.
- Data portability whereby your personal data can be transmitted directly from one controller to another where technically feasible.
- Withdraw consent at any time, where any processing is based on
consent. If you withdraw your consent, it will not affect the lawfulness
of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
We are obliged to respond without undue delay. In most instances, we will respond within 30 days. If we are unable to deal with your request fully within 30 days, we may extend this period by a further 60 days. Should this be necessary, we will explain the reasons why. If you make your request electronically, we will, where possible, provide the relevant information electronically unless you ask us otherwise.
Any such request should be made to us in writing to: Data Protection Officer, RSA School of Motoring, Digital Office Centre, Balheary Road, Swords, Co. Dublin, K67E5A0 or by email to email@example.com.
9. Changes to this notice
We will update this Data Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes will be made available on this page and/or, where appropriate, notified to you when you use to our Websites or by email.